*UPDATED April 8, 2014* Printable Version
The following Kemach products that are marked YOSHON on the packaging do not present any Chodosh problems that would necessitate looking for code dates.
- All Kemach Flour (All Purpose, High Gluten, & Whole Wheat - any size)
- Matzos & Matzo Meal (All Kinds including Spelt)
- Matzo Ball Mix
- Crispy Bake
- Kem Kem & Whole Wheat Crackers
- Chocolate Chip & Sugar (18 oz. & 12 oz.)
- Sofbite (Choclate Chip & Chocolate - Chocolate Chip)
- Chip-a-Riffic & Chunky Chip-a-Riffic
- Sandwich Cookies
- Ice Cream Cones (All Cake Cups, Color Cups, & Sugar Cones)
- Chocolate Pie Crust
- Nougat Nuggets (New Cereal)
♦ Crackers (Snackers (Salted & Unsalted), Honey Graham, & Cinnamon Graham) NO LONGER CONTAIN MALT and are from winter wheat & are ALWAYS Yoshon. (Not “marked” Yoshon on package due to an oversight)
♦ Split Pea Soup Mix, Onion Soup Mix (Do not contain any potentially Chodosh ingredients)
The following products have the possibility of being Chodosh at some point during the season. It is therefore necessary looking at code dates and labels.
Any changes in Yoshon status or projections of a Chodosh production will be updated on the website.
(**ALL CEREALS CONTAIN MALT. ** Chodosh date for the Malt is: Jan. 1 2015.
(For cereal dated in Dec. 2014 please see above.)
- Containing Oats: (Fruit Whirls, Honey Crunch, Corn Crisp, & Bunch 'o Krunch) have a CHODOSH code of: Oct. 1 2014
- Toasted Oats also contain wheat starch and have a CHODOSH code of: Oct. 1 2014
- Honey Nut Toasted Oats also contain wheat germ and have a CHODOSH code of: Oct. 1 2014
- Sugar Puffed Wheat is made with Durum Wheat and has a CHODOSH code of: Nov. 17 2014
- Whole Wheat Flakes, Bran Flakes, & Raisin Bran are made from winter wheat. (However they contain malt)
- Does not contain any Wheat or Oats (but do Contain Malt):
- Cocoa Munchees
- Corn Flakes
- Crisp Rice
- Frosted Flakes
♦ Nougat Nuggets are ALWAYS Yoshon (even the Malt). As is stated above.