*UPDATED November 5, 2014* Printable Version
The following Kemach products that are marked YOSHON on the packaging do not present any Chodosh problems that would necessitate looking for code dates.
- All Kemach Flour (All Purpose, High Gluten, & Whole Wheat - any size)
- Matzos & Matzo Meal (All Kinds including Spelt)
- Matzo Ball Mix
- Crispy Bake
- Kem Kem & Whole Wheat Crackers
- Chocolate Chip & Sugar (18 oz. & 12 oz.)
- Sofbite (Choclate Chip & Chocolate - Chocolate Chip)
- Chip-a-Riffic & Chunky Chip-a-Riffic
- Sandwich Cookies
- Ice Cream Cones (All Cake Cups, Color Cups, & Sugar Cones)
- Chocolate Pie Crust
- Nougat Nuggets (New Cereal)
♦ Crackers (Snackers (Salted & Unsalted), Honey Graham, & Cinnamon Graham) NO LONGER CONTAIN MALT and are from winter wheat & are ALWAYS Yoshon. (Not “marked” Yoshon on package due to an oversight)
♦ Split Pea Soup Mix, Onion Soup Mix (Do not contain any potentially Chodosh ingredients)
The following products have the possibility of being Chodosh at some point during the season. It is therefore necessary looking at code dates and labels.
Any changes in Yoshon status or projections of a Chodosh production will be updated on the website.
- Noodles (Heimishe Egg Noodles) in the consumer packages are all YOSHON and projected to be till at least the end of 2014. (After that look for “YOSHON” on the bag.)
- Flatbread (all flavors) have an open code 13 months after manufacturing and are still YOSHON most recent code is 21 Nov 2015 (projected to be Yoshon at least through February (March date)).
- Breadsticks (all flavors) have an open code 1 year after manufacturing and are still YOSHON most recent code is 12 Aug 2015 (projected to be Yoshon at least through February).
- Pasta (consumer packages) have an open code 2 years after manufacturing (and are projected to be Yoshon throughout the season). most recent code is Aug 11 2015
- Elbow Macaroni, Spaghetti, & Lasagna in 1 lb. BOXES are presently all Yoshon.
- Spaghetti, Elbow Macaroni, Penne, Ziti, & Spirals in the 1 lb. BAGS are presently all Yoshon.
- Chow Mein Noodles are still Yoshon latest code: 1614I. (it is currently not known if this is the final yoshon code or not. updates to follow)
- Soup Mixes have a Julian code 2 years after manufacturing:
- Vegetable is still Yoshon (latest code: 2856) and projected to be Yoshon through most of the season.
- Minestrone is still Yoshon (latest code: 2256) and projected to be Yoshon through most of the season.
- Oatmeal Cookies:
- 18 oz. & 12 oz. are still Yoshon (most recent code: 08 20 15).
- Oatmeal Raisin Softbite are currently not in production.
- Pita Chips (Sea Salt & Mutigrain): with 'Best By' code: 07/29/15 are CHODOSH. (Last Yoshon code is 122614.
- Flatbread Crisps (“Everything”): with 'Best By' code 04/27/15 are CHODOSH. (Last Yoshon code is 122414.)
- Pie Crust:
- Regular Graham Pie Crust: have an open code 360 days after production and are currently still Yoshon. (Code: 07 02 15) They do contain Malt. Currently there is no projected Chodosh date for the malt)
- Chocolate Pie Crust: are made with winter wheat and don’t contain malt they are therefore always Yoshon as is stated on the package. (and listed above)
- Cereal: have an open code dated 1 year after manufacturing. (“BEST IF USED BY:……”)
- Containing Oats: (Fruit Whirls, Honey Crunch, Corn Crisp, & Bunch 'o Krunch) CHODOSH code date for the OATS is: Oct. 1 2015
- Toasted Oats also contain wheat starch CHODOSH code date is: Oct. 1 2015
- Honey Nut Toasted Oats also contain wheat germ CHODOSH code date is: Oct. 1 2015
- Sugar Puffed Wheat is made with Durum Wheat (We are still working on finding out the projected Chodosh Date)
- Whole Wheat Flakes, Bran Flakes, & Raisin Bran are made from winter wheat. (However they contain malt)
- Does not contain any Wheat or Oats (but do Contain Malt):
- Cocoa Munchees
- Corn Flakes
- Crisp Rice
- Frosted Flakes
• Nougat Nuggets are ALWAYS Yoshon (even the Malt). As is stated above.
**ALL CEREALS CONTAIN MALT. **
(As of now all the Malt is still Yoshon. The TENTATIVE Chodosh date for the Malt is: November 23 2015)