*UPDATED DECEMBER 25, 2015* (Printable Version)
The following Kemach products that are marked YOSHON on the packaging do not present any Chodosh problems that would necessitate looking for code dates.
◊ All Kemach Flour (All Purpose, High Gluten, & Whole Wheat - any size)
◊ Matzos & Matzo Meal (All Kinds including Spelt)
◊ Matzo Ball Mix
◊ Crispy Bake
◊ All Kem Kem Crackers(Regular, Whole Wheat, and Spelt) & Whole Wheat Crackers
- Chocolate Chip & Sugar (18 oz. & 12 oz.)
- Sandwich Cookies
◊ Ice Cream Cones (All Cake Cups, Color Cups, & Sugar Cones)
◊ Chocolate Pie Crust
◊ Nougat Nuggets (New Cereal)
◊ Whole Wheat Flakes (winter wheat) & Cocoa Munchees no longer contain any Malt and are always Yoshon.
◊ Graham, & Cinnamon Graham) NO LONGER CONTAIN MALT and are from winter wheat & are ALWAYS Yoshon. (Not “marked” Yoshon on package due to an oversight)
◊ Split Pea Soup Mix, Onion Soup Mix (Do not contain any potentially Chodosh ingredients)
The following products have the possibility of being Chodosh at some point during the season. It is therefore necessary looking at code dates and labels.
Any changes in Yoshon status or projections of a Chodosh production will be updated on the website.
- Noodles (Heimishe Egg Noodles) in the consumer packages have a CHODOSH date of 12/2/2017
- Flatbread (all flavors) have an open code 13 months after manufacturing and are still YOSHON most recent code is 18 Dec 2016 (projected to be Yoshon at least through February (March date)).
- Breadsticks (all flavors) have an open code 1 year after manufacturing and are still YOSHON most recent code is 04 NOV 2016 (projected to be Yoshon at least through February).
- Pasta (consumer packages) have an open code 2 years after manufacturing (and are projected to be Yoshon throughout the season). Most recent Yoshon code is SEPT 16 2017.
- Elbow Macaroni, Spaghetti, & Lasagna in 1 lb. BOXES are presently all Yoshon.
- Spaghetti, Elbow Macaroni, Penne, Ziti, & Spirals in the 1 lb. BAGS are presently all Yoshon.
- Chow Mein Noodles are Yoshon latest code 0815L.
- Soup Mixes have a Julian code (day+year, A=2015):
- Vegetable is still Yoshon (latest code: 344A) and projected to be Yoshon through most of the season.
- Minestrone is still Yoshon (latest code: 320A) and projected to be Yoshon through most of the season.
- Pita Chips (Sea Salt & Mutigrain): have a CHODOSH code of 09/23/16
- Flatbread Crisps (“Everything”): have a CHODOSH code of 06/21/16
- Pie Crust:
- Regular Graham Pie Crust: are made with winter wheat, however they contain MALT. They have an open code 360 days after production. (Currently there is no projected Chodosh date for the malt)
- Chocolate Pie Crust: are made with winter wheat and don’t contain malt they are therefore always Yoshon as is stated on the package. (and listed above)
- Cereal: have an open code dated 1 year after manufacturing. (“BEST IF USED BY:……”)
** MOST OF OUR CEREALS CONTAIN MALT. **
(As of now all the Malt is still Yoshon. This information will be updated when projected Chodosh date is available.)
- Containing Oats: (Toasted Oats, Honey Nut Toasted Oats, Fruit Whirls, Honey Crunch, Corn Crisp, & Bunch 'o Krunch) CHODOSH date is: BEST IF USED BY: 10 01 16
- Sugar Puffed Wheat is made with Durum Wheat, CHODOSH date is: BEST IF USED BY: 10 01 16
- Bran Flakes, are made from winter wheat. (However they contain malt)
- Does not contain any Wheat or Oats (but do Contain Malt):
- Corn Flakes
- Crisp Rice
- Frosted Flakes
◊ Whole Wheat Flakes, Cocoa Munchees, and Nougat Nuggets are ALWAYS Yoshon. As is stated above.