UPDATED: August 19, 2016 (printable version)
The following Kemach products that are marked YOSHON on the packaging do not present any Chodosh problems that would necessitate looking for code dates.
- All Kemach Flour (All Purpose, High Gluten, & Whole Wheat - any size)
- Matzos & Matzo Meal (All Kinds including Spelt)
- Matzo Ball Mix
- Crispy Bake
- All Kem Kem Crackers(Regular, Whole Wheat, and Spelt) & Whole Wheat Crackers
- Chocolate Chip & Sugar (18 oz. & 12 oz.)
- Sandwich Cookies
- Ice Cream Cones (All Cake Cups, Color Cups, & Sugar Cones)
- Chocolate Pie Crust
- Nougat Nuggets (New Cereal)
- Whole Wheat Flakes (winter wheat) & Cocoa Munchees, and Crunchy Cinnamon Bites (NEW CEREAL) do not contain any Malt and are always Yoshon.
- Graham, & Cinnamon Graham) NO LONGER CONTAIN MALT and are from winter wheat & are ALWAYS Yoshon. (Not “marked” Yoshon on package due to an oversight)
- Split Pea Soup Mix, Onion Soup Mix (Do not contain any potentially Chodosh ingredients)
The following products have the possibility of being Chodosh at some point during the season. It is therefore necessary looking at code dates and labels.
Any changes in Yoshon status or projections of a Chodosh production will be updated on the website.
- Noodles (Heimishe Egg Noodles) in the consumer packages are all YOSHON and projected to be till at least the end of 2016. (After that look for “YOSHON” on the bag.)
- Flatbread (all flavors) have an open code 13 months after manufacturing and are still YOSHON most recent code is 28 Aug 2017 (projected to be Yoshon at least through February (March date)).
- Breadsticks (all flavors) have an open code 1 year after manufacturing and are still YOSHON most recent code is 21 July 2017 (projected to be Yoshon at least through February).
- Pasta (consumer packages) have an open code 2 years after manufacturing (and are projected to be Yoshon throughout the season). Most recent Yoshon code is Aug 04 2018.
- Elbow Macaroni, Spaghetti, & Lasagna in 1 lb. BOXES are presently all Yoshon. Spaghetti, Elbow Macaroni, Penne, Ziti, & Spirals in the 1 lb. BAGS are presently all Yoshon.
- Chow Mein Noodles will be Yoshon the entire winter.
- Soup Mixes have a Julian code:
- Vegetable is still Yoshon (latest code: 6167A) and projected to be Yoshon through most of the season.
- Minestrone is still Yoshon (latest code: 6167A) and projected to be Yoshon through most of the season.
- Oatmeal Cookies:
- 18 oz. & 12 oz. are still Yoshon (most recent code: 06 21 17).
- Oatmeal Raisin Softbite are currently not in production.
- Pita Chips (Sea Salt & Mutigrain): are still Yoshon. Most recent code is Mar 15 2017. (will update at next production any chodosh projection)
- Flatbread Crisps (“Everything”): are still Yoshon. Most recent code is Sep 02 2016. (will update at next production any chodosh projection)
- Pie Crust:
- Regular Graham Pie Crust: have an open code 1 year after production and are currently still Yoshon. (I will have the Code date in 2 weeks) They do contain Malt. Currently there is no projected Chodosh date for the malt)
- Chocolate Pie Crust: are currently not in production.
- Cereal: have an open code dated 1 year after manufacturing. (“BEST IF USED BY:……”)
** MOST OF OUR CEREALS CONTAIN MALT. **
(As of now all the Malt is still Yoshon. I will let you know when I have projected Chodosh date.)
- Containing Oats: (Fruit Whirls, Honey Crunch, Corn Crisp, & Bunch 'o Krunch) (We are still working on finding out the projected Chodosh Date)
- Toasted Oats also contain wheat starch (We are still working on finding out the projected Chodosh Date)
- Honey Nut Toasted Oats also contain wheat germ (We are still working on finding out the projected Chodosh Date)
- Sugar Puffed Wheat is made with Durum Wheat (We are still working on finding out the projected Chodosh Date)
- Whole Wheat Flakes, Bran Flakes, are made from winter wheat. (However they contain malt)
- Does not contain any Wheat or Oats (but do Contain Malt):
- Cocoa Munchees
- Corn Flakes
- Crisp Rice
- Frosted Flakes
♦ Nougat Nuggets & Crunchy Cinnamon Bites are ALWAYS Yoshon (even the Malt). As is stated above.